My Favorite Salad
Today, I am going to share a recipe of a delicious Turkish salad. It is so healty too. Its name Gavurdağı Salatası (Salad of Mount Gavur)
Gavurdağı salatası: Mount Gavur is actually the name of a mountain in the Taurus range down in the south of Turkey and this salad originally hails from the city, Gaziantep, one of the major cities in that region, as so many delicious Turkish dishes do. It’s eaten with meat or kebabs, not fish.
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 onion
- 2 green pepper (if you wish Italian green pepper)
- 3 clove og garlic
- 20 branch parsley
- 2-3 fresh mint
- 50 gr walnut
- 3-5 table spoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup pomegranate sauce or sour (Nar ekşisi (literarly pomegranate sauce) is made by extracting the juice of pomegranate seeds and boiling it down until much of the water has evaporated. The resulting syrup is thick and purplish-brown colour, rich and flavourful.
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1- 2 table spoon dried mint
- 2 tea spoon chilli pepper
- first drop the tomatoes in small pieces, then add all green stuff b y chopping in small pieces
- add garlic and walnuts (they should be little pieces, don’t make them powder!) and finally you all all sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, and nar ekşisi… and of course sea salt too with chilly pepper if you wish… and mix them all, you can serve with lettuce leaves… Bon appetite!